Last week, Royal Caribbean announced a range of new innovative, groundbreaking and exciting features for both Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas.
Royal Caribbean International are labelling this as the “next generation of cruise vacations” and with their “quantum cruising” vision, they’re aiming to take a giant leap forward by providing more game-changing “firsts at sea.”
Speaking about the exciting new Quantum of the Seas plans, Richard D. Fain, chairman & CEO, Royal Caribbean Cruises said:
“This new generation of ships gave us an opportunity to make another leap in vessel design. Innovation has always been part of our DNA and we have taken advantage of all that creativity to design Quantum cruising.
“The unique features on Quantum will boggle our guests’ minds, but the real strength of the design is how our people have integrated all these diverse components to create a comfortable and exciting experience.”
Quantum Class Cruising:
Guests will be able to enjoy thrilling activities such as skydiving 300 feet in the air, bumper cars, the largest sports and entertainment complex at sea and much more.
Let’s take a look at each of the new and show-stopping features in turn:
- RipCord by iFly – a thrilling skydiving experience at sea, which is an industry first! In fact, this sky diving wind tunnel only exists in a couple dozen venues on the land! The RipCord sky diving to such a degree that even military skydiving teams regularly use such facilities to practice their craft! Don’t worry if you’re not a pro – even first-timers can enjoy the sheer thrill and exhilaration of skydiving with RipCord.
- North Star – a jewel-shaped glass capsule that transports guests on a spectacular journey 300 feet above the ocean – but that’s not all! Guests will also be taken over the sides of the ship too! They’ll get awe-inspiring 360-degree views!
- Two70° – a multi-level room with 270-degree panoramic sea views and spanning almost three decks at the stern of the ship.
- SeaPlex – to be the largest indoor active space at sea, the SeaPlex is a flexible sporting and entertainment venue! By night, SeaPlex offers the first-ever bumper car and roller skating offering onboard a cruise ship!
- Music Hall – intimate and exclusive access to live performances, DJs, theme night parties, billiards and more onboard Quantum of the Seas.
- Virtual Balcony – a revolutionary design concept that gives interior staterooms an expansive real-time views of the ocean and the exciting destinations the ship visits.
- Adults-only Solarium – complete with an outdoor pool, an indoor pool with operable roof and a H2O Zone kids’ aqua park.
Speaking of his excitement with Quantum’s new offerings, Adam Goldstein, the president & CEO, Royal Caribbean International said:
“We are excited to be introducing major advancements in ship design and offerings on Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas. The innovative spirit of our brand is alive and well, and with Quantum class, we will deliver more unexpected activities in the most extraordinary spaces. Our guests should prepare to be wowed.”
We can’t wait to hear more!